An Invitation to Join a Journey of A Lifetime in the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan
November 7-17th 2024 : Bhutan
His Holiness Khedrupchen Rinpoche will be visiting the UK November 16-28th 2023 – see schedule of public events below.
The Kingdom of Bhutan is nestled high in the Himalayas between China and India. Its storied history, unique culture and pristine environment are inextricably linked and make it the only carbon negative country in the world, one of the few destinations on Earth where people and nature exist in harmony.
Bhutan is known for the concept of ‘Gross National Happiness’ : the government and economic decisions are taken based on the impact on happiness. Immersion in this unique culture with other special humans is designed to inspire you to go back into your ‘normal’ world with new perspectives and ideas, radiating a little of Bhutan out into the wider world. This ‘Journey of a Lifetime’ to Bhutan is facilitated and inspired by Karen and her fascination with ‘inner gold’. You will take an extraordinary quest of discovery to inspire your imagination and support you on your inner journey, nurturing positive emotions, enhancing skills to create inner calm, balance and wellbeing.
This special journey is organised by boutique & social enterprise tour operator MY BHUTAN, an established boutique social enterprise with unprecedented access to ‘deeper’ Bhutan. Founded with His Royal Highness Prince Jigyel Ugyen Wangchuck, we have access to a rich network of local relationships which have enabled the creation of a truly unique journey exploring the landscapes, culture and traditions of the country.
You can download a PDF detailing the itinerary and more background to this magical Kingdom below. There are some places left to join in November 2024 to experience and learn from this unique Kingdom.
UK VISIT: His Holiness Khedrup Rinpoche, Buddhist spiritual leader, monk and head of the Sangchen Ogyen Monastery in the Black Mountains of Bhutan will be visiting the UK in November 2023 with public events you are welcome to join. See below.
- Aberystwyth University: 16th Nov – Valuing Nature for Economic Growth, Wellbeing & Happiness, 3-4.30pm, Research Dialogue Hub, the Visualisation Centre, Aberystwyth University (with other speakers)
- Stoneyhurst College – private event
- Broughton Sanctuary public workshop, Skipton, 19th Nov 2-4pm, book here
- Broughton Sanctuary, Yorkshire: 19-23rd Nov, Science & Consciousness week
- Royal Scottish Geographical Society, Edinburgh University, 24th Nov, Eventbrite registration
- Dundee Mountain Film Festival, 25th Nov, details & booking
- St Andrew Cathedral Church, Aberdeen, 26th Nov, in conjunction with Robert Gordon University, 6pm (musical incantations £15), 7.30pm evening on ‘Finding Your Inner Gold’
- Roseisle Village Hall, Roseisle, Morayshire, 28th Nov, check facebook page
- Train Your Brain event, Greenbrae Steading, Morayshire, 29th Nov, book here